Each day a post about what i did the day before

Monday, April 17, 2006

Trip to lake Taupo

We left at 9:30am and arrived in Taupo at 5:30pm, we had to make a few detours but that's a long trip in, especially if your in the back of a small sports cars. We stayed at a Go-Global Backpackers at $22 a night, Cost me $66 for 3 nights, the room we had slept 4, two sets of bunks with toilet and shower. Go-Global had a very nice feel, nice common room, huge deck where we spent most nights drinking up and meeting other travelers.

We went and saw a few of the sights that Taupo has to offer (most of the time we were to hung over to fully take it all in).

Huka Falls always amazes me. So many tourists there though, had a hard time walking around because of everyone taking photos.

We also went and watched people bungy for awhile, I hadn't seen this before, was pretty freaked out seeing the first couple jump, wish I had, had enough money to have taken the plunge. Taupo Bungy.

Most of our time was spent at the backpackers though, met a lot of cool people there, the whole place reminds me of a college dorm, very relaxed. Go-global is located directly above a Bar with about 5 other bars located with in 30 seconds walk of the backpackers. I had a little trouble getting into the bars the first night ( I was farely drunk ), what I noticed is that the drinking laws in Taupo are a lot more strict than what they are down here in Wellington.

Very good time up there in Taupo, I'd recommend Go-Global as a place to stay very cheap and convenient.

The trip back to Wellington took us about 11 hours, huge traffic on a road that should have taken us about 15 minutes took us 2 and a half hours.

I always appreciate home more when I've been away, it's so good.

I didn't forget anything hehe.

0 Comments: